"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

Passover

Moderator: Watchman555

HeHoldsMyHand

Passover

Postby HeHoldsMyHand » 05 Mar 2008, 21:40

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone would be able to advise me. I'm surrounded by non-believers in my family and I have no fellowship whatsoever. Now, before you all get the violins out, what I'm getting at is this: with me being a little island, can anyone advise me how to celebrate Passover? I do want to be totally obedient to the Father, and I also want to be able to make a nice meal for my husband and do things properly (even if he does tease me (gently)), but I have no idea how! I have no-one to 'convocate' with! Do I cook lamb? Is my unbelieving husband even allowed to participate? I'm so nervous about it all! What does everyone do for the remaining week of Unleavened Bread? So many questions...sorry!

Thank you :)

Lindsey

LittleKangaDrinkingWine

Postby LittleKangaDrinkingWine » 05 Mar 2008, 22:28

Hello Lindsey,

My first question is where do you live? There are so many people that keep Passover, I would be very surprised if there was not someone close by. They do not have to be in total agreement with you on every point of doctrine, only the belief in Yeshua, Messiah and know that His commandments are to be kept. And what we're really speaking of is the foot washing. You do not need a partner to keep Passover (the bread and wine portion).

Your husband could even be the willing partner, if you could get him to be serious and not tease you. >grin<

As far as the rest of unleavened bread. We keep a full seven days of the Feast, with services all week long. I've kept the last four Feast this way and I would not have any other way.

I do sympathize with you. Fellowship is so important. I'm sure you are praying for such fellowship and even the conversion of your husband or other family members. It's a tough calling. Keep praying. YHWH will answer in His time. Until then, your fellowship is with Him and His Son.

Blessings to you,

LKDW

eriqbenel

Re: Passover

Postby eriqbenel » 05 Mar 2008, 22:50

HeHoldsMyHand wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone would be able to advise me. I'm surrounded by non-believers in my family and I have no fellowship whatsoever. Now, before you all get the violins out, what I'm getting at is this: with me being a little island, can anyone advise me how to celebrate Passover? I do want to be totally obedient to the Father, and I also want to be able to make a nice meal for my husband and do things properly (even if he does tease me (gently)), but I have no idea how! I have no-one to 'convocate' with! Do I cook lamb? Is my unbelieving husband even allowed to participate? I'm so nervous about it all! What does everyone do for the remaining week of Unleavened Bread? So many questions...sorry!

Thank you :)

Lindsey

You are more than welcome to come celebrate it with us! Depending on where you live, we may even be able to help get you here.

I'm sure there are many here who feel the same way...
Shalom in the name of YHWH,

Eriq

HeHoldsMyHand

Postby HeHoldsMyHand » 06 Mar 2008, 19:35

Thank you, you two for your advice and kind offer. I would jump at the chance of joining you, but I'm in the south of England and a long, long way from you. Having 'googled' messianic congregations and the like, they all seem to be in the north. They are obviously far more enlightened up there!

I'm particularly keen to find out if my husband can join me in a Passover meal, because I read somewhere in Exodus that strangers were not to participate. I would like to practice on him! Also, going by the lunar calendar, does anyone make it 21-28 April?

I really appreciate your kind offer, thank you so much.

Blessings to you,
Lindsey

Chayil_Ishshah

Postby Chayil_Ishshah » 06 Mar 2008, 21:10

HeHoldsMyHand wrote:I'm particularly keen to find out if my husband can join me in a Passover meal, because I read somewhere in Exodus that strangers were not to participate. I would like to practice on him! Also, going by the lunar calendar, does anyone make it 21-28 April?

Is this where you were talking about?:

Ex. 12:43-49:
43 And Yahuah said to Mosheh and Aharon, “This is the law of the Passover: No son of a stranger is to eat of it, 44 but any servant a man has bought for silver, when you have circumcised him, then let him eat of it. 45 “A sojourner and a hired servant does not eat of it. 46 “It is eaten in one house, you are not to take any of the flesh outside the house, nor are you to break any bone of it. 47 “All the congregation of Yisra’el are to perform it. 48 “ And when a stranger sojourns with you and shall perform the Passover to Yahuah, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and perform it, and he shall be as a native of the land. But let no uncircumcised eat of it. 49 “There is one Torah for the native-born and for the stranger who sojourns among you.â€

Lambchop

Postby Lambchop » 07 Mar 2008, 01:59

Absolutely. :D This is what my husband and I believe also.

Last Passover, our nephew had went to visit his father in Pa. Well his father doesn't keep Passover, but our nephew wanted to keep it.
So he went out and bought himself some lamb meat, and bitter herbs, and everything, but forgot to get any wine.
We hooked up a web cam and mic, so he could keep Passover with us long distance. Just before service began when I was testing the mic out, I heard a loud grinding on his end. I ask him what was the noise I was hearing, and he told me the blender. I ask what are you blending and he then told me he'd forgotten the wine, and the best he could do at that point was to mash up grapes :?
I thought look how this young man so wanted to keep Passover, that he'd do this to try and get as close to the real thing as he could to Honor Yahweh, by keeping Passover. We had a wonderful service and the presence of the Ruach Ha Kodesh was with us in a very powerful way.
Even our nephew felt this, and my husband told him Yahweh would bless him for his efforts made in keeping Passover to the best way he possibly
could. Yahweh knows the intentions of our heart .
Buy the truth and sell it not. Proverbs 23:23

TrueGirlPower

Postby TrueGirlPower » 19 Mar 2008, 01:38

Shalom!

Last year I typed out a bunch of unleavened bread recipes my dad and I have.
Here is the link! :)

We're doing Passover on the 20th. Wonder why we are all off? :(

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 19 Mar 2008, 05:30

TrueGirlPower wrote:We're doing Passover on the 20th. Wonder why we are all off? :(
Greetings TGP,

There are several factors that explain why we are "all off" (i.e. observing different dates & times), based on different ways of reckoning the New Moon, and other things...

New Moon:
1. Visual sightning vs Conjunction,
2. Day OF conjunction vs 1st full day AFTER conjunction,
3. Local time vs Jerusalem time,
24-hour "Day":
4. Dawn-to-dawn vs Evening-to-evening reckoning of the 24-hour "day",
Time-of-day observance:
5. Afternoon of 14th vs Evening AFTER 14th (i.e. 15th for "evening" folks) vs Evening/twilight STARTING the 14th.

In addition, the question of WHICH new moon is the 1st of the year can result in putting the whole year's festivals a month different.

4x, I use the 1st full day after the conjunction, based on Jerusalem time, even-to-even days, and observed the evening beginning the 14th. The 1st Conjunction following the spring equinox will be at 0355 UT (=0555 JT) on 4/6, so my New Moon day would be the 1st full day, beginning that evening - from sunset on the 4/6 to sunset on the 4/7. This puts my Passover Day on 4/20, with the Meal & Emblems observed on the evening of 4/19.

Those observing dawn-to-dawn days AND Jerusalem time would need to check the timing of morning twilight or sunrise, since 0555 is fairly close to dawn. However if they are using local time (0155 EDT & 0055 CDT), their New Moon Day would clearly start at dawn on 4/6, and all their observances would be a day earlier than mine. I'm not sure why Joey & Troy needed to resort to lots to determine the New Moon, unless there are other factors involved beside the ones i listed. Perhaps Joey would like to educate us on the method they used and why there was a difference between them.
Chuck Baldwin
By this shall all men know you are my disciples: if you have love one for another.

YHWHsavesdotcom

Postby YHWHsavesdotcom » 19 Mar 2008, 07:33

hello lindsey. I would suggest the the 'festivals' of YHWH are ante-typical teaching aids meant for our end time instruction. I go into great detail as regards his festivals in this end time work which is my doctoral thesis. I hope that you will find it helpful (as well as any other SERIOUS SEEKER of TRUTH). www.YHWHsaves.com

Obed

Return to “Discussion Forum”